[ RadSafe ] DOE Access Control System - Survey

Konzen, Kevin K Kevin.Konzen at icp.doe.gov
Wed Apr 15 17:08:48 CDT 2009

We are researching options for replacing our current access control
system software for entry into radiological areas, and would like to
know what other Dept of Energy sites have implemented.  We are looking
at PTI's Sentinel and Canberra's HIS-20 as possible alternatives.  The
internet is sparse in trying to research companies providing this
software.  Some of the characteristics we are looking for are: 1)
interface with other databases, such as dosimetry and training records;
2) interface with our current electronic dosimeter reader (SAIC); 3) web
based platform; 4) RWP accessibility; and 5) is tried and proven with
other DOE sites.

Please send information on what your DOE site is using off-line, unless
it would be beneficial to the radsafe community, to
Kevin.Konzen at icp.doe.gov.  Also, it would help if you could provide your
current satisfaction with the service, and any lessons learned.

Thank You,

Kevin Konzen, CHP

Idaho Cleanup Project Technical Advisor

Kevin.Konzen at icp.doe.gov