Fwd: [ RadSafe ] Questions about radon Method by Raabe and Wrenn

parthasarathy k s ksparth at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 24 03:43:55 CDT 2009

Andy

I have used extensively the method developed by Raabe and Wrenn for  estimating the concentration decay products of radon in air. The elegant method consists of  tracking the decay of the total alpha activity on filter paper samples. I have used Glass Fibre filters of  10 cm diameter togetehr with a staplex sampler. Some of my observations have been presented at the Third International Conference on Natural Radiation at Houston Texas in 1972.

It was a pleasant surprise to read the details on radon dosimetry  WLM concept etc, areas I left thinking about over the past two decades

Regards
Parthasarathy