[ RadSafe ] Enforcement of IATA/ICAO/IAEA "regulations"

Blute, James J. jim.blute at thermofisher.com
Thu Apr 23 09:52:30 CDT 2009

Hello Walt,

I was reading back in radsafe and saw your post from March about FAA and DOT enforcement of the IATA training requirement.  I think one respondent had it correct that IATA becomes regulation by reference within the DOT regs.  But not all of IATA, only certain parts.  Anyway, as for the IATA 2 year training requirement, DOT has made a formal call on this issue and I have received written confirmation from an FAA inspector that they are in agreement.  I think you and others on radsafe will find the following email thread very very, interesting.  I feel really bad for the folks that got cited for this.  To start, check out this link...

http://www.myregs.com/dotRSPA/goto.asp?ref=IDOT_971018&shopos=no

and then check out my entire email thread below...

WORLDWIDE CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: Dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient, or an employee or agent of a system responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender and delete all copies.