[ RadSafe ] Po-210 poisoning of Litwinenko

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Tue Apr 28 15:05:17 CDT 2009

Dear collegues,

A few years ago a Russian (Mr. Litwinenko) was poisoned in London with
Po-210 and died subsequently. At the time of the incident I have been in
London and I remember that mass media were full with mostly ridiculous
speculations. Never after that time I have read any scientific article about
the murder, I rather had the impression that facts were covered up.

I wonder whether there has ever been a scientific paper dealing with the
scientific facts behind the murder – i.e: how much Po-210 and in which form
was used and especially I would be interested in knowing about the results
of analysis of concentrations in body fluids and the dosimetric aspects.

Thank you for any information!

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD

MinRat i.R.