[ RadSafe ] Re: [NucNews] Yucca Mountain Nuclear Waste Dump Dead

Maury Siskel maurysis at peoplepc.com
Mon Aug 3 12:42:27 CDT 2009

 Elaboration of  your thoughts leading to that conclusion will be
appreciated -- USEC thought it had arranged a federal loan guarantee for
a new enrichment plant begun at Piketon Ohio. DOE surprisingly denied
that guarantee last week.  As a direct result, all work on that plant is
being terminated now and the people are being released. My understanding
is that USEC is still trying to arrange some other source of shared
funding, but that was previously not successful. It looks to me as
though given all of the goofy conditions imposed by govt, added nuclear
power in the US is dead -- as sought actively by the anti-nuclear zealots.
Best,
Maury&Dog