[ RadSafe ] Removing 14C contaminated biowaste from a BSL-3 Facility

Cueva, Louie louie.cueva at boeing.com
Thu Aug 6 11:42:05 CDT 2009

This article regarding an autoclave bag system with charcoal filter
might be of some interest. It was referred to me by a colleague but
seems to address the issue of radioactive contamination and BSL-3 solid
waste. Ethylene oxide sterilization might be another option as a
sterilant.

The full article is available in the HPS Journal archives:
https://hps.org/membersonly/publications/hpj/0004032-199107000-00015.pdf

RadSafe archives also address this issue back in 2000. A quick Google
seems to indicate COSTAR is now Corning Costar Corp.

http://radlab.nl/radsafe/archives/0004/msg00860.html

Louie Cueva
Radiation Health Protection
Environment, Health & Safety