[ RadSafe ] NORM in CO2...

Glenn R. Marshall GRMarshall at philotechnics.com
Tue Aug 18 13:54:54 CDT 2009

It's a little-studied phenomenon known as reverse decay.  The radon gets trapped in the natural gas.  Then during transport at high velocity and high pressure, it picks up free helium atoms from the pipe walls and becomes radium.  There is some speculation that it's the same process by which DU gets thousands of times more radioactive after it gets buried......

(Here they come now!)

Glenn Marshall, CHP, RRPT