[ RadSafe ] "Arctic Sea" mystery

Roger Helbig rhelbig at sfo.com
Wed Aug 19 05:26:43 CDT 2009

World Net Daily is hardly a Pultizer Prize winning den of investigative
journalists.  They have been inventing "news" for years.  In 2000, they
claimed that Pres Clinton's warship moored in Haiphong Harbor would not
properly fly the American flag - that incensed a lot of veterans - President
Clinton did visit North Vietnam, but not aboard a warship.  He flew in;
there never were any plans for a warship to carry the President, but WND,
caught with their pants down, still refused to back down and invented that
they got the information from the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of
Samoa and that he had heard it from some Admiral at Pearl Harbor.  Sound
nuts, well, that's what the quality of their journalism was in 2000 and
frankly, they still have the same high quality staff!

Roger Helbig

(I have quite a series of e-mails on the Flag caper)