[ RadSafe ] Global Warming

Jess Addis ajess at clemson.edu
Sat Dec 5 23:02:51 CST 2009

Excuse me, but I don't think the discussion involved flatulence. The Chinese
complete the building of a new coal fired power station every week.  India
seems amenable to placing constraints on their output of atmospheric
pollution and greenhouse gases. With a much smaller portion of the earth's
population we use a very large portion of the world resources and emit a
very large portion of the world's atmospheric pollution. Could we do just a
little better?

Smells badly? I'm pretty sure there is nothing that comes out of a power
plant smoke stack or the tailpipe of a car that supports life - not organic
phase mercury, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide .... the list is exhaustive
(to coin a phrase). All that stuff is harmful, and we're not talking about
trees - there's plenty of C02 to support plant life without humans, as it
turns out.

And as to the 1.5 gal. stool tank; there are no stools in my tank it's a
water closet. I hold the handle down until the tank empties completely -
it's a long way to my septic tank.

I wouldn't "require conformity worldwide". If I could require anything it
would be to evaluate these physical phenomena with much less emotion and
much less political bent in general.

I'll happily discuss it off line, if that's more appropriate.

Like I asked, how many billion/trillion metric tons of pollutants (at a rate
that is increasing as we consider it) can we continue to pump into our
paper.... thin..... atmosphere and hope that the earth can absorb or
sequester it. This is a finite phenomena.

Jess Addis, RSO
Clemson U.