[ RadSafe ] Global Warming

gelsg at aol.com gelsg at aol.com
Sun Dec 6 18:44:22 CST 2009

Allow me to make an observation.  I lurk here but seldom post.  A distressing number of recent posts by people I've come to have some regard for as scientists have been decidedly unscientific.  I note with a glimmer of hope the absence of a large number of regular contributors.  I am not a climate scientist by any means but I have been trained in the scientific method.  Referencing George Will's opinions or Al Gore's or 28% of the people you know or a group who would stoop to steal emails and selecively release parts of them does not convince me of anything.  Perhaps you could address things we can all see with our eyes, such as the disappearance of the polar ice.  By accusing other people of "playing politics" you are tarring yourselves with the same brush.

My warning is this:  you can say things here that lots of people will remember.  You are not going to convince scientists with the kinds of arguments I've been seeing recently.  And people will remember what you say.

Jerry Gels
Cincinnati, OH