[ RadSafe ] Climategate and LNT

Wade Allison w.allison1 at physics.ox.ac.uk
Sun Dec 6 14:32:02 CST 2009

Thank you Chris Hofmeyr. A balanced voice.
For exactly that reason I have written a calm account of how and why LNT is wrong from the basic physics through the modern biology, all in a form readable by non-experts (follow the link below). Of course such a book is not attractive to the sensationalists and those seeking a simple headline. Nevertheless I hope that thinking people will read it and give the message to others, for in fact the situation is good, or at least better than it would otherwise be, for the environment. The human race needs to think, study, open its eyes, and then there is some hope, population growth permitting. The nuclear option for power and desalination, and the use of radiation for food preservation would be very beneficial - along with other changes of habit. There are few other books it seems.
Wade Allison

Professor Wade Allison, MA DPhil  w.allison1 at physics.ox.ac.uk
Denys Wilkinson Bldg., Keble Rd, Oxford, UK
Fellow & Tutor in Physics, Keble College, Oxford, UK
"Radiation and Reason" http://www.radiationandreason.com <http://www.radiationandreason.com/>  (Oct09) 0-9562756-1-3
"Fundamental Physics for Probing and Imaging"  (Oct06)