[ RadSafe ] Medical X-ray Compliance Testing Training

Pickering, John J John.J.Pickering at boeing.com
Mon Dec 14 17:26:29 CST 2009

At one time there were training courses on medical x-ray compliance testing. I have a need to train one of my staff but unable to locate such training. The individual has a good practical background with industrial x-rays. I would like to build his knowledge, skills and abilities with the medical x-rays. Are there programs still offered where I can send this individual for training? If so, where? I would try teaching him myself but I have been away from that area for a long time and I just don't have the time to build the training for him. All of our units are radiographic systems used in health clinics. We have the test being performed with consultants but I would like for him to understand what they are doing and why.

John J. Pickering
Manager, Radiation Health Protection
Radiation Safety Officer
Environment, Health & Safety