[ RadSafe ] Re: More on cell phones

Perrero, Daren Daren.Perrero at illinois.gov
Thu Dec 31 10:23:18 CST 2009

Mike and Steve,

I don't have much cause to be involved in non-ionizing aspects of
radiation (the ionizing kind keeps me busy enough!).  From your review
of the literature, is that localized brain heating directly attributed
to radiation associated with the cell phone or is a confounding factor
involved such as the presence of a person's hand holding the phone or
other power dissipation from the phone also involved?

In a similar vein, growing up, my mother threw out all her electric
blankets when she heard the fable of induced currents affecting people's
health from their usage. Can't say I've seen any subsequent studies to
show a deleterious health affect 20-30 years later from that population
that chose to forego those blankets vs. those that kept theirs in use.

Daren Perrero

The opinions expresses are mine, all mine.....
I'm with the government and I'm here to help you (ack!)
daren.perrero(a)Illinois.gov