[ RadSafe ] Re: More on cell phones

garyi at trinityphysics.com garyi at trinityphysics.com
Thu Dec 31 14:24:13 CST 2009

MRI technologists ARE some of the nicest people you will meet.

Mike's argument seems to be the same as his take on global warming.  Even if we don't
know if EMF produces health effects, we should not rock the science boat because it will be
good for people to use cell phones less.  I think if we really want people to be healthier, and
we don't care too much about the freedom of the individual, we should outlaw smoking.
Hands down, that would have a more significant impact on human health than either
increased pollution control or cell phone usage reductions, not even counting the accidents
that occur when folks try to fish out a smoke and light up while driving.   But Big Brother
makes way too much money from cigarette taxes, so I won't hold my breath for that
legislation.

Personally, I don't see much of a moral difference between outright violation of individual
freedoms, and nudging the population toward desired goals by scaring them with bogus
science.  Both are reprehensible.

I wonder what which choice people would make, when asked about the dangers of cell phone
use?

    A) I want the government to modify my cell phone usage with scary bogus science,
    reinforced by Hollywood propaganda aimed at impressionable young people.

    B) I want the government to modify my cell phone usage by police actions like
    ticketing, fining, or arresting those who deviate from approved behaviors.

    C) I can decide for myself how risky my life should be, and I'll thank you not to lie
    about what the science says or how confident we are of the conclusions.

-Gary Isenhower