[ RadSafe ] Re: I131 patient during intercontinental flight

McClung, Danny danny.k.mcclung at va.gov
Wed Feb 11 09:30:48 CST 2009

I tend to agree with you. But in this case, the ethics have been
somewhat pre-determined by NRC when they allowed for immediate release
of patients containing upwards of 220 mCi of I-131: not a significant
hazard in most educated minds, but still offensive to some.

By the way, what happens if you internalize "skunk juice"? Is there a
target organ?