[ RadSafe ] Fallout "preserved" in concrete

Keith Welch welch at jlab.org
Fri Feb 20 15:33:46 CST 2009

Hello Radsafers,

I'm looking for data regarding levels of radioactivity in concrete as a
result of weapons fallout.  I'm evaluating some concrete that was cast
in the early to mid 1960s, and trying to determine if there might be
elevated levels of Sr-90 or other nuclides in the concrete due to the
prevailing levels in the environment at the time.  I've searched the
on-line literature pretty thoroughly, and have not come up with
anything.  Existing documentation that I can find only speaks to natural
radioactivity in concrete (NCRP etc.).
Thanks for anything you can suggest.
Keith Welch
Jefferson Lab