[ RadSafe ] Re: [GeigerCounterEnthusiasts] alleged dirty bomberkilled by wife

Fri Feb 27 11:43:51 CST 2009

>From the information in the article, I think he probably was at least
toying with the idea of trying to build a RDD.  If, indeed, he was
dumping all the chemicals they listed in the article into the same jars
the most likely outcome had he actually tried was that he would have
killed himself with fire or fumes or premature detonation.  He clearly
wasn't nice, and he didn't sound very smart, either.

While an explosion that scattered DU would be no more destructive or
dangerous than the same explosion without DU, the media response and the
public reaction would almost certainly be much larger.

-----Original Message-----
From: radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl [mailto:radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl] On
Behalf Of Roger Helbig
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 6:46 PM
To: GeigerCounterEnthusiasts at yahoogroups.com
Cc: radsafe at radlab.nl
Subject: [ RadSafe ] Re: [GeigerCounterEnthusiasts] alleged dirty
bomberkilled by wife

I would like those of you who know about what a Radiological Dispersal
Device, popularly known as a dirty bomb, really is should write their
papers and get the record corrected.  The false story starts with an
apparent FBI report headed that he had Dirty Bomb Components - when in
fact he had explosives and some radiological material, but nothing
suitable to make a dirty bomb.  I just got one website that caters to
the security industry Security Management Magazine to post a retraction.
I have written Associated Press (I even called their San Francisco
office) and Bangor Daily News, but neither of them replied.  Here is
where the correction is posted - it has link to the Argonne National
Laboratory fact sheet on RDDs -  Slain Neo-Nazi Wanted to Build a "Dirty
Bomb"<http://www.securitymanagement.com/news/slain-neo-nazi-wanted-build
-dirty-bomb-005238>
Feb
25, 2009 - A Maine man who was shot and killed by his wife last December
had some of the components and instructions to build a dirty bomb,
according to a leaked Washington, DC, law enforcement intelligence
report.

*(Correction)*
Roger Helbig

<GeigerCounterEnthusiasts-unsubscribe at yahoogroups.com?subject=>
>   Recent Activity
>
>    -  4
>    New
Members<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GeigerCounterEnthusiasts/members;_
ylc=X3oDMTJnamt0aDlwBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEwNjAzNjk4BGdycHNwSWQDMTcw
NTA4MzQxMgRzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2bWJycwRzdGltZQMxMjM1NTY1OTE5>
>    -  1
>    New
> Files<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GeigerCounterEnthusiasts/files;_yl
> c=X3oDMTJoZ3VsZm4zBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEwNjAzNjk4BGdycHNwSWQDMTcw
> NTA4MzQxMgRzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2ZmlsZXMEc3RpbWUDMTIzNTU2NTkxOQ-->
>
> Visit Your Group

qdGl0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEwNjAzNjk4BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA4MzQxMgRzZWM
DdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW1lAzEyMzU1NjU5MTk->