[ RadSafe ] RE: medical issues

Glenn R. Marshall GRMarshall at philotechnics.com
Mon Jan 26 15:52:34 CST 2009

I ran into this a few times several years ago.  We had an individual who had a stress test, and we all thought it was pretty simple because it was just Tc-99m and Tl-201.  But because of the impurities Mike mentioned, he was a walking radiation area for several days and I couldn't give him back his TLD for more than a month.

I won't bother you with the details of the guy who came to work with I-131 all over his lips.  Got it from his wife, and had no idea it was contagious......

Glenn Marshall, CHP, RRPT