[ RadSafe ] Re: radsafe Digest, Vol 182, Issue 2

Jesús Fernández jesus.fernandez at acpro.es
Thu Jan 29 03:13:23 CST 2009

Dear colleagues,

I am looking for information about TVLs values for baryte concrete used for
Linac radiotherapy bunker constructon. The NCRP-151 and other publications
gives values only for ordinary concrete. I know that I can do a conservative
estimation from the ratio of the densities (ordinary vs baryte), but I would
like to do a more optimized calculation. I will be very grateful if you
could give me or point me to values of baryte concrete TVLs for direct and
scattered radiotherapy Linac X radiation.

Best regards from Barcelona

Jesús

ACPRO, S.L.
http://www.acpro.es