[ RadSafe ] Radiation Protection In Pill Form

Cary Renquist cary.renquist at ezag.com
Thu Jul 2 17:56:50 CDT 2009

I'm sure that there are many peer reviewed articles that demonstrate the
efficacy of
the various antioxidants in providing a radio-protective effect in
vitro.

In the real-world, probably not so much.

I seem to recall some recent articles that point to the opposite
effect... i.e. that
antioxidants can cause an increase in cancer.  Specifically, I recall
one article that
indicated that beta-carotene appeared to increase cancer risk in
smokers.

C.

---
Cary Renquist