[ RadSafe ] Re: What Rad Software Are You Using?
scott.dyer at srs.gov
scott.dyer at srs.gov
Wed Jul 29 17:38:41 CDT 2009
We are beginning to look at integrated radiological software solutions and
wondered what other nuke facilities were using and why. We are seeking
comprehensive solutions that might provide:
RWP/ALARA development/maintenance/ revision/duplication
Access Control based upon RWP requirements
External dosimetry issue/return/dose tracking and reporting
Bioassay sample requesting/receipt/tracking/results recording
Internal dose incident tracking/dose recording and reporting
Respiratory equipment issue/return/tracking/qualification
1. What is the name of your company/facility?
2. DOE or NRC regulated?
3. What software product(s) do you use?
4. To acquire your solution, was it built in-house (i.e. home grown) or
provided by a vendor?
5. What were the major drivers in the final decision regarding whether to
build in-house or buy off-the-shelf?
6. If provided by a vendor:
a. which off-the-shelf products did you consider and who were their
b. which vendor did you finally choose and why were the other vendors
c. is your vendor supplied product strictly off-the-shelf (i.e. not
modified/customized)? If so, why (i.e. regulatory, cost, schedule, etc.
d. is your vendor supplied product a customized off-the-shelf product? If
so, to what extent?
e. is your product a subcontracted, site specific, custom solution? If
so, why (i.e. regulatory, unique site HP requirements, cost, schedule,
7. If built in-house:
a. why was this option chosen over a vendor's strictly off-the-shelf
b. why was this option chosen over a subcontracted, site specific, custom
8. What does your solution do?
a. RWP/ALARA development/maintenance/ revision/duplication?
b. Access Control based upon RWP requirements ?
c. External dosimetry issue/return/dose tracking and reporting?
d. Bioassay sample requesting/receipt/tracking/results?
e. Internal dose incident tracking/dose recording and reporting?
f. Respiratory equipment issue/return/tracking/qualification?
g. Dose recording/tracking/reporting?
9. Do you process TLDs onsite or outsource? If outsourced, to whom?
10. Are TLDs maintained on badge racks or taken home by the worker?
11. Do you process Bioassay samples onsite or outsource? If outsourced, to
12. What are your major radiological source terms?
Thanks for your input !
HPS - ProRad Administration
Savannah River Nuclear Solutions
Savannah River Site
Page: 803.725.7243, ID 17969
More information about the RadSafe