AW: [ RadSafe ] Re: What Rad Software Are You Using?

scott.dyer at srs.gov scott.dyer at srs.gov
Thu Jul 30 16:30:58 CDT 2009

Franz,

Please excuse my intrusion.  I am new to Radsafe and perhaps have misused
the tool.  My target audience would be those who support a radiation
software application on a daily basis, and presumably would require no
more than 10 - 20 minutes to respond.  Only one answer applies and is
required for 6a - 6e and then for 7a - 7b; with 8a - 8g being direct Y/N
and it was complete and helpful.  As for my time, it's my job to support
our current solution and my responsibility to look outside the box, and
consider the spectrum of options as we seek to replace what we have.  I've
found it invaluable to query both suppliers and end user's to gain the
clearest picture of reality with regards to a given product.  I've
formulated and posted these questions hours after my quitting time.

Thanks for your response and guidance.

Scott Dyer
HPS - ProRad Administration
Phone:  803.952.7247
Page:   803.725.7243, ID 17969

Franz Schönhofer <franz.schoenhofer at chello.at>
07/30/2009 03:55 PM

<scott.dyer at srs.gov>, <radsafe at radlab.nl>
cc

Subject
AW: [ RadSafe ] Re: What Rad Software Are You Using?

Scott,

I could not believe my eyes when I checked your e-mail and I hardly
believe
that anybody else on RADSAFE could.

Do you believe that anybody in this whole world is going to spend days or
weeks to answer your elaborate questionnaire? You even must have an
unbelievable lot of time (paid by your employer) to formulate all these
questions. Who will pay the time for somebody to answer your questions?
Are
you going to pay the costs of others who might have developed such
systems?

Ask some professionals, whether they can help you and also ask them for a
quotation about how many hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars this
would cost you.

Your request really is unbelievable!

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD