[ RadSafe ] [Radsafe] A guideline on radioactivity in concrete?

Nick Tsurikov nick.tsurikov at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 07:05:02 CDT 2009

Dear all,

I am trying to compile the list of different approaches used in regulating
the amount of radioactivity one may have in concrete, road building material
etc.  Basically, the idea is to blend the sand waste with cement etc to a
certain level and make up some blocks that will be used to prevent beach
erosion.  After the manufacture no exposures are expected except for the
fish and for some random diver...
If you could point me in the right direction it will be very much
appreciated.  Most available documents are either:
a) addressing building materials for human habitation, or
b) having radon exhalation taken into account, or
c) both.
Thanks in advance

Kind regards
Nick Tsurikov