[ RadSafe ] Re: Utah Board considering banning DU

Cary Renquist cary.renquist at ezag.com
Thu Jun 11 15:04:09 CDT 2009

Using the WISE uranium decay calculator:
Uranium Decay Calculator
<http://www.wise-uranium.org/rccu.html>

Starting with 1 MBq of depleted natural U:
After ~1 year the total activity goes to ~3 MBq
Stays at that level until ~10,000 - 100,000 years when the Th-230 chain
kicks in.
The total activity peaks at ~1,000,000 years at ~13-14 MBq

So, the total activity basically goes up by one order of magnitude after
1 million years.

The good news is that after 10,000,000,000 years they won't have much to
worry about...

Cary

---
Cary Renquist