[ RadSafe ] Nuke plants hike cancer risk: report

Dan W McCarn hotgreenchile at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 11:56:12 CDT 2009

Sir,

That is not my critique, merely a note  to inform you that at least one of
your publications is being reviewed by the Radsafe group.  If it is taken
out of context, then please enter the debate through Radsafe and please
direct your comments to the individuals raising comment, not me.  But since
you have stated that you have no interest in debate, that tells me that you
are not willing to accept external critique. To quote you, “I have
absolutely no vested interest in this debate either financial or otherwise.”

However, from many years of personal knowledge of UN organizations including
the IAEA in Vienna, I can tell you that not all papers or reports are “peer
reviewed” carefully, if at all.  I was Scientific Secretary for a number of
meetings at the IAEA, and I did not have the capability to “peer review”
some of the reports, nor would that have been possible, since they were
reports directly by Member States.  So I would challenge your statement
about “High Scientific Quality” just if it comes from a UN organization.
Some of the work is excellent, some poor, but very little is truly
transparent. You pay your money and take your chances

I’ve given you the hyperlink to the Radsafe group
 you may defend your
comments, or not, as you choose.

Dan ii

--