[ RadSafe ] Oregon to Join Hanford Cleanup Lawsuit

Cary Renquist cary.renquist at ezag.com
Mon Mar 2 16:15:24 CST 2009

FYI:

<http://ohsonline.com/articles/2009/02/27/oregon-to-join-hanford-cleanup
-lawsuit.aspx>

Oregon to Join Hanford Cleanup Lawsuit

    * Feb 27, 2009

Oregon will seek to join Washington state in a lawsuit to speed the
cleanup of radioactive waste at Hanford Nuclear Reservation, officials
announced on Feb. 25.

"This suit is about compelling the federal government to uphold its
commitment to protect fully our environment and our citizens," Gov. Ted
Kulongoski said. "Further delay is unacceptable. The federal government
must make this clean up a priority and meet its obligations to address
the environmental and public health risks that the Hanford site
continues to pose."

C.

---
Cary Renquist