AW: [ RadSafe ] MOX and Greenpeace

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Thu Mar 5 17:28:10 CST 2009

Mike,

You asked, "where's the fun in that?". But: you wrote it yourself in your
message: "Greenpeace has the resources to be able to research a topic,
consult with the most knowledgeable people in the field, evaluate the pros
and cons, reach well reasoned, evidence-based conclusions, and inform the
public using sound arguments and persuasive logic." If this is not fun, what
else would be fun?

Another fun is inherently in their messages, like that MOX can be used to
produce nuclear weapons. Or that "somebody" could hijack the transport and
steal the MOX. How many hundreds of navy boats from at least ten countries
and how many thousands of combat fighters would be immediately at the scene
- or would they accompany the hijackers to a save haven, help them to unload
the freight and start their bathtube operations for the construction of an
atomic bomb? I admit that maybe this is not really fun, but mere paranoia.

To talk about "Greenpeace": Here in Europe we have not heard much - if
anything - about Greenpeace since years. They seem to have big financial
troubles. They send out young people to persuade pedestrians in the streets
of Vienna to subscribe to some journals, which would benefit Greenpeace and
the successful persuader would receive 10 Euros - about 15 US$. I asked a
few of them whether they are aware that Greenpeace is a multinational
enterprise which abuses young enthusiastic persons for its income and its
unfounded and queer ideas. They were not able to say anything and went quiet
away. I wonder how Greenpeace's situation is in other countries.

Best regards,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD
MinRat i.R.