AW: [ RadSafe ] New Concepts in Nuclear Power

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Sun Mar 22 17:43:37 CDT 2009

George,

You must be kidding when stating that the Chernobyl accident was a case of
"loss of coolant flow". According to your "expert" statement, obviously tens
of thousands of real experts must have been wrong, as all reports on this
accident must have been. (Again I have to strengthen that I have been
heavily involved in the consequences of the Chernobyl accident on Austria -
which includes also a certain background on the causes.)

Of course I am not so thorougly knowledgable about TMI and I do not really
understand what "loss of heat sink" means, but I was rather of the opinion,
that the main problem there was a lack of coolant water, which I would
understand as a "heat sink".

You have some time ago written, that fallout from a nuclear weapon is
negligible, you have on RADSAFE talked down to me, who had been the head of
the Terrestrial Working Group on the Mururoa Project of the IAEA like to a
first year student about the French weapon programme on that atoll.

Therefore I have severe doubts on the reliability of what you write. Of
course the IFR seems interesting and I will check it.

Best regards,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD
MinRat i.R.