[SPAM][Bulk] [ RadSafe ] Regguide 1.86 dose conversion

Wes Van Pelt WesVanPelt at verizon.net
Thu May 14 10:22:06 CDT 2009

Max, and All,
I was always under the impression that the RegGuide 1.86 surface
contamination "limits" were not really proportional to dose, but rather on
pragmatic contamination levels based on what could be readily detected with
survey instrumentation and the vague believe that alpha is more dangerous
than beta emitters.

Best regards,  Wes
Wesley R. Van Pelt, PhD, CIH, CHP
Wesley R. Van Pelt Associates, Inc.