[ RadSafe ] International Dosimetry and Records Symposium 2010 Announcement

Neill Stanford stanford at stanforddosimetry.com
Mon Nov 9 15:27:53 CST 2009

     International Dosimetry and Records Symposium 2010
         Sponsored by Landauer, Inc. and Stanford Dosimetry, LLC
                                           Call for Papers

Dates: June 6 – 10, 2010
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Meeting website: Look at our new website,
www.internationaldosimetryandrecordssymposium.org

We are excited to announce next year’s International Dosimetry and Records
Symposium in Fort Lauderdale, FL to be held at the Westin Beach Resort.
Planning is underway – the 2010 Task Force has already met and we are
actively working on the agenda and program.  Please note the debut of our
new website, www.internationaldosimetryandrecordssymposium.org .  Look for
updates as meeting plans develop!!!

We will continue with the same format introduced over the last 2 symposiums
with one exception.  The Records session will start later on Thursday at
10:30 AM allowing you to attend other breakout sessions scheduled from 8:00
– 10:30 AM.  The first three days, Monday through Wednesday will continue to
be general sessions.

A preliminary agenda has been outlined; however, as we proceed, you once
again have the opportunity to contribute.  Please consider sharing your
experiences and interesting insights by presenting these to your peers and
fellow professionals.  Again, we want to hear about your issues and
resolutions in the dosimetry community.  If you have a topic to present, or
have a suggestion for a speaker, please send an abstract or brief overview
to one of the Task Force members by January 15, 2010.

TOPICS:
Monday – Wednesday Symposium Agenda Topics:
-Field Incidents and Dosimetry Basics – internal dosimetry (effluents, whole
body counting), issues and resolutions, outsourcing, neutron dosimetry,
environmental dosimetry, outage versus routine dosimetry, background
subtraction, neutron correction factors, starting a new dosimetry program
-Regulatory – DOE, NRC, INPO, ANI, IEC, ISO
-Secondary dosimetry – comparisons to dose of record, response issues, new
technology, intercomparisons
-Dosimetry records

Thursday – Spotlight Sessions:
-Records
-Landauer InLight System
-Doc’s Dosimetry Users (Doc Grossen)
-More to come
Space is limited for these breakout sessions.

Please note registration is as follows:
   Attendee            $375
   Guest               $150
   Exhibitor           $750 – attendee registration is not included.  Fees
cover all services (electrical, package handling, etc.), tables, space,
exhibitor reception and dinner Monday evening.

See you in June!

2009 International Dosimetry and Records Symposium Task Force:
Inid Deneau (ideneau at landauerinc.com )
Neill Stanford (stanford at stanforddosimetry.com )
Isabelle McCabe (immccabe at radsafety.com )
Rick Cadogan (rcadogan at anl.gov )