[ RadSafe ] Re:Source in Twin towers

Geo>K0FF GEOelectronics at netscape.com
Mon Oct 5 13:53:33 CDT 2009

Mike said: "It saddens me that there is anyone who would have felt that it
was worth
the time and expense to look for tritium there, or, if directed to by
Upper Management, would not have explained how pointless it would be."

Mike, as a radiation protection specialiast, does tritium have no concern?
At what level would there be a concern? If the buildings happen to have used
tritium Exit signs, how many thousand Curies of tritium would have been
released?

By measuring, we would know. My lab has 2 portable tritium detectors as well
as the lab based ones.

George Dowell
New London Nucleonics Lab