AW: [ RadSafe ] Al Jazeera English - Cancer in Southern Iraq andDepleted Uranium

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Sun Oct 18 10:12:19 CDT 2009

Roger, Ahmad, Steven and Marshall,

Dear all (RADSAFErs),

Roger, I will sure not join you in "complaining", because if I would do this
for everything ridiculous and silly messages in Austrian press and TV I
would have to work 49 hours a day. Sdo, how many hours do you think it would
take to comment and protest all the nonsense which is presented all over the
world? We all at RADSAFE should know, what to think of newspaper and other
massmedia news and it seems that the consumers of these news know it as
well.

One should not forget that all these horror stories of cancer incidence
rising in Iraq, Kuwait, former Yugoslavia were raised by outspoken
anti-nuclear groups from "the West"! There is enough research not only in
Europe regarding "former Yugoslavia", and international organisations in the
near east to clearly denounce the news on those cancer incidences as
blantant propaganda.

I fully understand Ahmads reasoning. Where are the hard facts? That uranium
as an element is chemotoxic and much less radiotoxic I had thought was
evident within the RADSAFE community. I cannot find any difference between
DU and Unat, except that Unat is slightly more radiotoxic. This fact is
expressed clearly in the WHO recommendations for drinking water. One can
always construct pathways from simple accidents to the doom of the universe.

To blame a muslim TV-station for falsifying data and conclusions is in my
opinion (not being a muslim) totally incorrect, because in our western
countries the same falsifications and deliberate incorrect information is a
standard situation. You are welcome to disagree.

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD
MinRat i.R.
Habicherg. 31/7