[ RadSafe ] Ra-226 Static eliminator bar

Yusko, James (DEP) jyusko at state.pa.us
Wed Oct 28 14:21:02 CDT 2009

Good afternoon, all,

Brian, you asked about common uses.  We have seen these attached to teletype units, even old printers, to eliminate the static electricity from the sheets of paper output from those machines.  It was later discovered that tinsel, similar to old Christmas garlands, was equally as effective.

Those radium static eliminators we had seen from teletypes, etc., were about 30 cm (12") long, however.

Jim Yusko