[ RadSafe ] Multiple Source, Radon-222 Plumes

Riely, Brian P. brian.riely at ngc.com
Thu Sep 10 17:02:19 CDT 2009

Thanks for the information

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan W McCarn [mailto:hotgreenchile at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009 5:46 PM
To: 'Maury Siskel'; radsafe at radlab.nl
Cc: Riely, Brian P.; Mike.Brennan at DOH.WA.GOV
Subject: RE: [ RadSafe ] Multiple Source, Radon-222 Plumes

"Not true.  If measured data shows that there is no global warming, then
any model that shows there is global warming trumps the actual data.
Also we might even fire the person who produced the measured data or at
the very least, assign him to a different job."

Dear Brian:

In the case of the USGS, for politically unpopular positions as resource
analysts, they either fired individuals or allowed them to come to harm
in other ways.

This actually happened to the resource analysts when they predicted too
much molybdenum, gold, silver, etc... in a wilderness area.  The
newly-"greened"
USGS in the Clinton Administration simply allowed the guys to be sued
individually in court for estimating the presence of mineral endowment
(as required in the EIS) and provided no attorney to defend their
techniques.
I'll dig-up the reference to a publication about that.  One of them
fought back, and used his life's savings to defend his methods in court.
The controversy went all the way up to the Academy of Science.  A
commission chaired by DeVerle Harris was established and the
methodologies were essentially upheld - But not before a lot of damage
was done.

Here it is:

Lawrence J. Drew (1997), "Undiscovered Petroleum and Mineral Resources:
Assessment and Controversy"

Dan ii

--
Dan W McCarn, Geologist