[ RadSafe ] Re: radiosemantics

Bernard L. Cohen blc+ at pitt.edu
Tue Sep 22 11:05:11 CDT 2009

A minor correction, at least regarding the nuclear physics level: The
decay of the free neutron is irrelevant. What we call "stable nuclei"
below mass about 100 will never decay. All nuclei with mass above about
120 will eventually decay by alpha particle emission or spontaneous fission.

--
Bernard L. Cohen
Physics Dept., University of Pittsburgh