[ RadSafe ] Salsman warning

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Thu Apr 8 14:29:01 CDT 2010

RADSAFErs, Dan, James, et al...

With all the discussion about James Salsman one should not forget that in
all of his postings there is sometimes a bit of truth like in the below
cited argument. Yes, uranium (not only uranyl compounds) are much more
chemotoxic than radiotoxic. All those on RADSAFE who ridicule cleanup of
uranium ammunition on battlefields should take this into consideration.

I do not support most of James theories or claims, (fierce statements made
by me can be found at RADSAFE archives!), but to discard all messages and
opinions of someone, because he writes nonsense about some other topic is in
my opinion not appropriate.

My best regards to the RADSAFE community!

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD
MinRat i.R.
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Wien/Vienna
AUSTRIA

My argument is based on the fact that uranyl toxicity is far more of a
chemical effect than a radiological effect.