[ RadSafe ] Salsman warning

StevenFrey at aol.com StevenFrey at aol.com
Fri Apr 9 21:56:27 CDT 2010

Mr. Salsman is neither a reporter nor a credible party to these
discussions. As long as he communicates via one or more alias monikers, he  is
unworthy of attention even if his points were salient, which they are  not, and
likely never will be. Note his earlier implied belief in man-made  global
warning, despite the credibility fiasco its own principal proponents have
brought upon themselves (University of East Anglia, IPCC, Penn State,  etc.).

Mr. Salsman's invasion of the sphere of the employment of  another
RADSAFER, an act he does not deny, ought to result in dismissal from  membership to
RADSAFE, immediately.

Moreover, the enigmatic and unaccountable Mr .Salsman may not be a 24-7
gadfly, but he behaves like one in this forum.

As such, it is utterly useless to try to persuade or appease him. You would
 be wasting your time, as the goal of a gadfly is precisely that; to
distract you away from your work precisely by wasting your time.

Mr. Salsman apparently believes he is nobly doing his  part, modest it may
be, to save the world from our 'destructiveness'. Such  is the mindset of
gadflies. They cannot persuade rational, objective people  in a public forum.
So these malevolent manipulators invade professional  circles to disrupt,
distract, and delay to the maximum extent that they can  achieve. The more one
tries to correct them, the more empowered they  feel.

RADSAFE is not the only board to be infiltrated. Others in other scientific
 pursuits suffer as we do. Exploitation of the spirit of inclusiveness  is
never a guilt trip for the likes of Mr. Salsman.

I have gone one-on-one against several well-known antinuclear  gadflies
like him. They all share the same goals: they all want to be  the next Rachel
Carson. And they will not ever accept any pathway, no  matter how
scientifically valid and compelling, that leads away  from that dreamy destiny.

So it is no surprise that their  attitude can approach messianic
proportions. I have seen these  fanatics put it on display In the legislative halls of
the State of  California and the National Academy of Sciences. Out on the
street, they  revel in shocking the public with dramatic assertations and
venomous  accusations. But behind closed doors with opponents and legislative
staff, their claims are often and easily dismissed by nothing  more than
dispassionate, objective information.

Are they ever embarrassed by their excesses? No. They are convinced they
are on a mission from god, and that their ends justify any means  necessary
to get there.

RADSAFERS believe in the scientific principle. But we do not have to serve
as a halfway house for professional predators like Mr. Salsman. We need not
 accept the presence of anyone who delusionally strives for
self-aggrandizement and ideological glory to the detriment of others, let  alone tries to
get any of us fired.

Terminate Mr. Salsman from this forum.

Steve Frey, MS, CHP

In a message dated 4/9/2010 2:30:13 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,