[ RadSafe ] Is Greenhouse Debate Appropriate?? ---Re: Salsman warning

garyi at trinityphysics.com garyi at trinityphysics.com
Mon Apr 12 12:18:40 CDT 2010

Thanks for clarifying.  You are right, I read too much into your words.

-Gary Isenhower

On 12 Apr 2010 at 9:24, Stewart Farber wrote:

Date sent:	Mon, 12 Apr 2010 09:24:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:	Stewart Farber <radproject at sbcglobal.net>
Subject:	Re: [ RadSafe ] Is Greenhouse Debate Appropriate?? --
-Re: Salsman warning
To:	radsafe at health.phys.iit.edu, garyi at trinityphysics.com

Hi Gary,

I don'tthink I contractradicted myself in what you show as snippet 2 of my prior
comment. I am not saying that MMGW [Man made global warming] is true, only
that a debate about the theory or detailed technical basis of MMGW is outside
thereasonable purview of Radsafe.

My thought was that the now general societal BELIEF that MMGW is happening is
atopic that warrants discussion hereonly in regard to how this now general
BELIEF affects the attitude of the public, legislators, regulators, environmental
groups, or other constituancies toward the acceptibility and development of
nuclear power [and other radiation related technologies]. And there is no doubt
that belief in MMGW has worked to createa societal incentive fornuclear
technologies.

Debating the technical basis of MMGW itselfhas as much place on Radsafe as
debating the existence of God, or evolution, or countless other non-radiation
relatedtopics which havesome technical details on either side of an issue. There
are forums all over the internet dealing with dozens of other issues like the
preceding where people work themselves up arguing theirside of the "facts". And
one of these other forums is where a debate about the technical underpinnings of
MMGW belongs.

Stewart Farber, MSPH
Farber Medical Solutions, LLC
Bridgeport, CT 06604