[ RadSafe ] OSL/TLD Comparison Experience

Hoffman, Daniel E Daniel.Hoffman at covidien.com
Thu Apr 22 12:38:40 CDT 2010

Hello RadSafers.  Our plant (nuclear medicine production involving both
reactor- and accelerator-produced isotopes) is seeing significantly
lower results using OSL badges vs. TLD badges, but only in some
departments.  For other departments the results are virtually the same.
Has anyone else had similar experiences at their facilities?

I know the 'dosimetry bunch' will enjoy kicking this one around.

Please feel free to contact me offline if you prefer.

Thanks.

Dan Hoffman

Daniel E. Hoffman, CHP, CSP
Radiation Safety Officer