[ RadSafe ] FW: OSL/TLD Comparison Experience

Perle, Sandy SPerle at mirion.com
Tue Apr 27 18:19:17 CDT 2010

Thanks Neill,

Correct as always.

In our program with the Thermo (Harshaw) TLD we make assumptions to middle of wear period for both the pre and post fade, and can make the very adjustments you mentioned depending on when the majority of the irradiation occurs. This is quite accurate with expected uncertainty. If one does not perform this adjustment, the reported data can be quite inaccurate. Dosimetry is not simply reading a badge, there is a lot more to it, as you well know from your many years of experience!!!

Regards,

Sandy

Sander C. Perle
President