[ RadSafe ] CT Risk/Benefit analysis by Maccabee - Great DVDfor meeting

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Tue Aug 3 08:06:52 CDT 2010

Howard,

First a „lecture“ on general knowledge (free of charge!): There is nothing
like an Austrian language. Austrians speak still overwhelmingly German,
though our spoken dialect used in everyday situations is definitifely
different from the one spoken in for instance Northern Germany. In written
form it is the same. There is a small minority of Slovenian and Croatian
speaking people due to historical reasons and tradition from the monarchy.
Due to the ever increasing number of “guest workers” the use of Turkish and
Serbocroatian is very high and rising.

Secondly: I have never doubted the benefits of CT – if it is used correctly.
What I do not like is, if it is used by medical doctors for unnecessary
medical examinations in order to make money with this expensive equipment. I
have commented on this earlier on RADSAFE.

Maybe you did not understand my joke – I suppose jokes are different in the
USA and Austria. Maybe I did not understand the expression “needed thousands
of CT’s” correctly: One could interpret it as “thousands of CT’s on one
person” (this was part of my joke) or “one CT on thousands of patients
each”.

Anyway, best regards and wishes,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD