[ RadSafe ] Nuclear Power in Saudi Arabia

Geo>K0FF GEOelectronics at netscape.com
Mon Aug 23 10:56:43 CDT 2010

When the Shah of Iran was still in power, he made comments that I found
very enlightened. In a nutshell, he chastised the USA for "wasting"
petroleum products by
burning them for fuel. He pointed out that petroleum had many important uses
in  chemistry,
plastics, medicine etc., and no doubt many more uses not discovered yet.
After all, there was already technology in place to power
vehicles and make electricity using other methods.

Indeed we have only scratched the surface concerning DC electricity
transmission, super cooled conductors, solar, bio, fuel cell, hydrogen,
hydro, geo, and of course nuclear power.

Here in Missouri USA, we store kinetic energy at night by pumping water to
the top of a mountain, holding it there for peak use times during the day.

George Dowell
GEOelectronics
New London Nucleonics Lab

=======