[ RadSafe ] DHS & FEMA requesting ideas to improve preparedness...

Shane Connor webmaster at ki4u.com
Tue Aug 24 19:34:43 CDT 2010

http://preparedness.ideascale.com/

The National Dialogue on Preparedness is an
<http://www.whitehouse.gov/open>OpenGov
initiative hosted by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
and Federal Emergency Management (FEMA) for the
<http://fema.gov/preparednesstaskforce>Local,
State, Tribal, and Federal Preparedness Task Force.
Congress mandated that the Task Force develop
recommendations on how to improve preparedness for natural disasters,
acts of terrorism, or other man-made disasters.

The Task Force is seeking help to inform its
recommendations. Your opinion is valuable as the Task Force considers what
works, what needs improvement, and where there
are trends and consistency in thinking – or not – on these core questions:
    * How do we collectively assess our capabilities and gaps?
    * Which policies and guidance need updating
and what process should we use to update them?
    * Which grant programs work the most
efficiently and which programs can be improved?
The National Dialogue will remain open until September 10, 2010.

I'd submitted an 'idea' there that the govt
should again teach the public practical nuclear
Civil Defense survival strategies.

It is currently ranked at #12 by popular vote and
if you agree with its proposals as stated here...

http://preparedness.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Teach-Practical-Family-Nuclear-Civil-Defense-Strategies-and-Tactics.../74577-9416

...please vote for it there!

Shane Connor
www.ki4u.com