[ RadSafe ] ODP: Residential radon and lung cancer suppression

Otto G. Raabe ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Tue Dec 28 13:29:51 CST 2010

At 01:23 AM 12/27/2010, Ludwik Dobzynski wrote:
>We have submitted more than 6 months ago a paper on radon problem to
>Health Physics. It seems that after some minor corrections the paper
>will be finally published. In short, it shows that basing on present
>data there is no reason to apply any linear dose-effect relationship
>up to the radon concentration 150 Bq/m3.
*************************
December 28, 2010

Based on my analysis of inhaled alpha emitters in the lifetime beagle
studies, there is a virtual threshold for lung cancer at about  0.5 Gy (10 Sv):

[Raabe OG. Concerning the health effects of internally deposited
radionuclides. Health Phys. 98: 515-536; 2010.]

If you would like a reprint or electronic copy of this paper, please
send me your request by e-mail to ograabe at ucdavis.edu.

Otto

Prof. Otto G. Raabe, Ph.D., CHP
Center for Health & the Environment
University of California
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
E-Mail: ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Phone: (530) 752-7754   FAX: (530) 758-6140