[ RadSafe ] Determining Uranium Enrichment

Taylor Wilson sciradioactive at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 19:36:26 CST 2010

We are curious as to your thoughts on the best way to determine the enrichment of a sample of Uranium. I understand that you can look at the intensity of U-235's 186 keV line, but because the mass or quantity isn't able to be determined, and one of the samples is encased in lexan, I am not sure if this will work. How would you quantify the enrichment based on this measurement, and if not is there another option?

Thank you,
--
- Taylor Wilson
Reno, NV
Sciradioactive at gmail.com
-
Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.
A. Einstein