[ RadSafe ] Radfear - Body Scanners, Chernoobyl Thyroid Ca

HOWARD.LONG at comcast.net HOWARD.LONG at comcast.net
Fri Mar 12 12:37:44 CST 2010

NO thyroid cancer increase from Chernobyl radiation?

The higher the dose, the less was the rate of thyroid cancer,

  in  this  prepress ref ( letter from Bobby Scott).

"In Bryansk region, Russia the thyroid cancer incidence was found 45% higher in males and 90% higher in females, than for the whole Russian population.

However, when dose-response analyses were performed using

external and internal comparisons, no positive association of thyroid cancers with radiation dose was observed, but a negative one, i.e. a hormetic effect (Ivanov et al 2004).

These results strongly suggest that the increased cancer rates in Bryansk (and by implication in other contaminated regions) compared with general population rates are due to thyroid cancer screening and better reporting rather than radiation exposure (Ron 2007). "

So, is KI needed after exposure or for prevention?

I think not.

Howard Long