[ RadSafe ] Fw Finding a Non-solution for a non-problem

Jerry Cohen jjc105 at yahoo.com
Sun May 2 19:35:43 CDT 2010

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Jerry Cohen <jjc105 at yahoo.com>
To: ; radsafe at health.phys.iit.edu
Sent: Sun, May 2, 2010 12:52:32 PM
Subject: Re: [ RadSafe ] RadSafe Digest, Vol 264, Issue 1 - Finding a Non-solution for a non-problem

Since the 1957 NAS committee consisted almost entirely of geologic scientiists, I would think that their conclusions were preordained by whoever selected the committee members. This is unfortunate, because oceanic disposal of the waste would have been the safest and least expensive method. Advocates for oceanic disposal were completely ignored in the process----yet another example of politics overriding science and rationality.

Jerry Cohen