[ RadSafe ] Impact of Cs-137 on Children's Lung Function

Mark S. Rzeszotarski, Ph.D. msr7 at case.edu
Fri May 21 13:40:22 CDT 2010

I have always wondered about causation when I read articles like this
about the Chernobyl accident.  Is Cs-137 the true causative
agent?  There were many fission products that were released into the
environment, many of which were non-radioactive to start with and
some that have decayed into stable daughters, etc.  Some of these
elements could also be deleterious to one's health (e.g., heavy
metals).  It is likely that there is a strong correlation between the
presence of Cs-137 and these other contaminants.  Has anyone looked
at the soup of elements produced in this accident to sort this out?
Regards,