[ RadSafe ] Impact of Cs-137 on Children's Lung Function

Johansen, Kjell Kjell.Johansen at nexteraenergy.com
Fri May 21 15:50:05 CDT 2010

It is a very long leap of faith to assume Cs-137  was responsible for the reduced lung function.  A more likely conclusion should have been that the Cs-137 was a depositional marker for other materials which may have been in the air and which may have been deposited during the Chernobyl event.  What else was released during the fire which could have effected lung function?  Was any asbestos released?  There is no indication that any other contaminant was considered.

As always, the opinion expressed is my own and not necessarily those of my employer.

Kjell Johansen
Nuclear Chemistry Analyst
NextERA Energy Point Beach
kjell.johansen at NextERAEnergy.com