[ RadSafe ] New Nuclear Power Plants --- USA

JPreisig at aol.com JPreisig at aol.com
Tue Nov 2 13:15:51 CDT 2010

Dear Radsafe:

     Message from      _jpreisig at aol.com_ (mailto:jpreisig at aol.com)        .

     Good Day All.  According to a Television show  I saw a while back
there are reactor
construction projects starting in the USA (Calvert Cliffs,  South  Jersey
etc.
5 to 10 projects????).  There you go, Gary I.

     Global Warming????  I start to think that the  source of global
warming
is not some scientific cause, but rather is due to world population  growth
and associated industrial
productivity.  Many countries still burn much coal

     George Stanford, I always enjoy reading your  ideas about using all of
the energy reserves.  I was
bothered when the FFTF (Fast Neutron Fission Reactor project) was  ended.

     I also was bothered when the HFBR (High Flux Beam  Reactor) and
Medical Reactor at Brookhaven were closed.  A fair number of  Nuclear Engineers
and support staff had to find jobs elsewhere at Brookhaven and  some were let
go.  In the meantime, various anti-nuke folks had been  picketing at the BNL
front gate
(Priests, Ministers, American Indians, Local folks etc. ).  It was  quite a
display.  People on eastern Long
Island are sure hard on reactors.  All over a fairly small tritium  leak,
which should have never occured.

     Sure, Otto Raabe, sunspots control at some level  what is going on in
solar energy/light reaching
the Earth's surface.  People have been scientifically watching  sunspots
for some time.  The light leaves
the sun, traverses space (and any intervening mass) and eventually reaches
the Earth, which is at
some angular orientation, which is time variable.  Understand the  whole
system.

    Foucault pendulum???? Sure, have students do the  experiment ---  it is
difficult to do this experiment well  Why not  just have students record
the Sun's position in the sky during daylight hours.  Sorry, I am rambling
again.

    Enjoy your weekend.   Regards,  Joseph R.  (Joe) Preisig. PhD

.